Jackson Farm

Jackson Farm | Texas
Property Types:
Land for Sale,
Ranches for Sale

$709,500 | 258.00 ACRES | AVAILABLE


  • Price: $709,500
  • Acreage: 258.00
  • ID: 800
  • Location: Ropesville, Texas
  • County: Hockley
  • Status: Available
  • Water Rights: Yes, Conveying 100%
  • Wind Energy Rights: Yes, Conveying 100%
  • Mineral Rights: No
Property Description

  We are pleased to have obtained the exclusive listing on approximately 258 acres located northwest of Ropesville, Texas.  This partially irrigated farm is a long-time family-owned property located in the Ropesville School District.   


  According to the Hockley County Appraisal District, this property contains a total of 258 acres, more or less.

Location  •  Access

  The Jackson Farm is located in the southeast-quadrant of Hockley County, being approximately 5 miles west and 3 miles north of Ropesville, Texas. Access is good, being by caliche based Hawk Road on the west.  

Legal Description

  All of Labor 74, League 12, Donley County School Land, Hockley County, Texas.

General Description

  The Jackson Farm consists of approximately 80 pivot irrigated acres and approximately 178 acres operated on a dryland basis.  The terrain varies from nearly level to gently sloping.  Basically the west-half of the farm is mostly level, with the east half sloping gently to a low area located on the northeast side.  The soil quality found on this farm is good, being approximately 72% Amarillo fine sandy loam and Acuff loam.  The remaining 28% of the farm is primarily Portales and Drake soils. 


  Eight (8) irrigation wells are developed on this farm.  All eight wells are equipped with electric submersible pumps.  According to information obtained from the High Plains Underground Water District, these wells are approximately 200 feet deep.  A monitor well for the HPUWD is located approximately .5 of a mile southwest.  In 2023, this well indicated a saturated thickness of approximately 48.4 feet. 

  The center pivot irrigation system is a 2011 model Zimmatic brand system.  It consists of 7-towers and is approximately 1,275 feet long.  According to the tenant, this pivot is nozzled at 200 gpm. 


Farm Service Agency's Base Acres and Yields

Farm 5336, Tract 1756

Crop Name                        Base Acres                      PLC Yields

Grain Sorghum                    10.60                                   35

Peanuts                                   4.0                                  2,850

Seed Cotton                        212.10                              1,174



  $2,750 per acre.  The seller will retain all minerals owned; however, all other interests will convey.

2023 Property Taxes



  If you are looking for a great investment property or to expand your current farming operation in the Ropesville area, please call Rusty Lawson at (806) 778-2826 for additional information.

Rusty Lawson

Property Summary

Activities & Amenities
  • Income Producing
    Water Rights
    Water Well
  • Corn
Land Details
  • Total Acres: 258.00
  • Topography: Rolling
  • Estimated Taxes: $1,425
  • Wind Energy Rights: Yes, Conveying 100%
Building Details