$1,375,000 | 480.00 ACRES | SOLD
• • • PRICE REDUCTION! • • •
We are pleased to have obtained the exclusive listing on the Gage Ranch in Donley County, Texas.
This well improved 480± acre Eastern Texas Panhandle ranch property is located just southeast of Clarendon, Texas, the county seat of Donley County.
Situated on County Road 13, it is conveniently located ½ mile south of US Highway 287. It’s about an hour's drive from Amarillo, and a little over 2 hours from Lubbock. The Clarendon Municipal Airport is located nearby.
The topography of the ranch varies from mostly level near the owner’s home and barns, to rolling ranchland with several valleys and draws. A good turf cover of grass exists on the ranch that includes buffalo, grama, and bluestem grasses. Mesquite and cedar are limited on the ranch. There are approximately 26 acres of cultivated land in the northeast corner of the ranch that can be utilized for wheat pasture or planted to improved grasses, along with another approximately 35 acres that was once in farmland. This 35-acre block is currently in bluestem grass and could be put back into cultivation if the owner desires.
The ranch is improved with a well-built and spacious 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage home, and a 4-bay garage/shop with adjoining barn and livestock pens.
The home, built in 1991 has approximately 3,440 sq. ft. (measurements per the appraisal district), including a 400 sq. ft. finished basement. The rooms are large with ample storage throughout.
• The living room features a vaulted ceiling, skylights, and a large gas/woodburning brick fireplace with a circulation system directing warm air to rooms throughout the home.
• The kitchen is equipped with a double oven, vented cook island, trash compactor and new dishwasher. The cabinetry is quality construction with ample storage space.
• The dining room and bay window provides great views of the countryside.
• The large 15 ft. x 20 ft. master bedroom features a bay window, bath with stall shower, jacuzzi tub, and separate dressing areas and vanities, along with separate walk-in closets. Guest bedrooms are large, and feature bay windows and double walk-in closets.
• The finished basement has heat and air and is also vented to the outside.
• The 10 ft x 18 ft sunroom has heat and air, with an outside doorway leading to the back patio and deck.
• The laundry room has a sink and room for a freezer or second refrigerator. The secluded office is located just off of the laundry room and provides a good work area with privacy from the rest of the home.
• The oversized garage has insulated double garage doors and room for freezers and storage. A doorway from the garage leads to the back patio. The garage is heated and cooled with a mini-split.
• The back patio area provides a great place to relax in the evenings. It has a ceiling mounted electric infrared heater and an adjoining wood deck with pergola and hot tub.
• The class 4 metal shake pattern roof was installed in 2012 at a cost of $37,300. This type of roof qualifies for insurance deductions with most insurers.
• Wood blinds have been installed throughout the home, as well as an alarm system.
• A split rail fence surrounds the yard and natural gas is provided to the home. Being near Clarendon, internet and cellular service is considered very good.
• A submersible well services the home, yard, and all livestock tubs. A windmill and earthen tank are located in the back pasture.
The ranch also features a 45 ft x 30 ft, 4-bay garage and shop, and an adjoining 30 ft x 30 ft barn with concrete floor and equipped with a hydraulic lift. The attached livestock pens are steel pipe construction, and include a working area and load-out ramp. The ranch is perimeter fenced. A network of permanent electric fencing has been installed to allow rotational grazing.
An overhead bulk feed storage is included as well as a 2-car/truck-covered parking shed.
All owned minerals and wind energy rights will convey to the new owner.
Whitetail and mule deer are found in this area of the Panhandle, with mule deer being the predominate species observed. Other game animals include dove, quail, and predators.
The Gage Ranch is considered a rare find in the Clarendon area for buyers wanting a very well-improved and well-maintained ranch property with a great location. The ranch is being offered for a reduced price of $1,375,000. This property presents a great opportunity for buyers locating to the Clarendon area, or for buyers looking for a nice weekend retreat with first-class amenities in place.
For more information or to schedule a private showing, call Clint Robinson at (806) 786-3730.
The information contained herein is believed to be correct. However, Charles S. Middleton and Son, LLC, does not warrant for its accuracy. It is the buyer or buyer agent’s responsibility to verify all information. The buyer's agent must be identified on first contact & must accompany his/her prospect on all showings to be allowed participation. If this condition is not met, fee participation will be at the sole discretion of Charles S. Middleton and Son, LLC. The seller's agent must be present for all showings.